Lonely Planet Scotland’s Highlands & Islands (Travel Guide), 4th Edition English | February 6th, 2019 | ISBN: 1786572869 | 320 pages | EPUB | 124.31 MB
Lonely Planet: The world’s number one travel guide publisher*
Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Sip the water of life, whisky, in an ancient pub; walk the West Highland Way (or a little bit of it) for some of the country’s finest scenery; and join a ceiliah for an evening of Scottish dancing. All with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Scotland’s Highlands & Islands and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands:
• Full colour maps and images throughout
• Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
• Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
• Essential info at your fingertips – hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
• Honest reviews for all budgets – eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
• Cultural insights provide a richer, more rewarding travel experience – covering history, people, music, religion, cuisine, politics
• Covers West Highland Way, Central Highlands, The Great Glen & Lochaber, Skye & The Western Isles, Northwest Highlands, Orkney Islands, Shetland Islands, and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet’s Scotland’s Highlands & Islands is our most comprehensive guide to Scotland’s highlands & islands, and is perfect for discovering both popular and offbeat experiences.